Humility is the true key to success. Successful people lose their way at times. They often embrace and overindulge from the fruits of success. Humility halts this arrogance and self-indulging trap. Humble people share the credit and wealth, remaining focused and hungry to continue the journey of success.
Stay Humble, a unique phrase, a very hard thing to find and to achieve. In a world where we are constantly forced to prove ourselves, therefore our ego tends to hold on too tightly. Staying humble means to know exactly your place, nothing more and nothing less, to feel that sense of humility by surpassing one's ego and sincerely taking somebody or something as is, free of judgement. It means not showcasing what you have achieved because knowing that where you stand as a human being, there is no scale to measure how great you are vs how great another is; to loose that sentiment of pride in one's doing or accomplishments, to let your humility be your drive and your accomplishments be your impact.
"The antidote for arrogance is honest awareness of the fact that even the smartest person in the world knows very, very little. Stay humble."
A few tips to remain humble:
1. Share the glory
2. Facts, not opinions
3. Mind your business, unless asked
4. Allow your work and others to brag for you
5. What others are thinking is none of your business
6. Be a servant member of society
7. Listen to the nice things people say
8. If your light is to bright for others, offer them sunglasses and words of encouragement
10. Shut your mouth and listen.